Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Developments


Progress
Over the past week I have been trying to secure a studio space with the hopes of taking the project and the ideas spurred by this blog into a space that will allow it to grow beyond the confines of theory and research. Securing this space has proven harder than I anticipated and as a result I am still trying to get access to a space that will house the installation.

Recent Developments
From the recordings that were posted, a sound piece is in the midst of development. Using these recordings as a means to submerge the audience into the constructed space of my installation. I never thought twice about the use of sound to convey the ideas of family, culture and land but after some revision of the recorded audio, its component seems to hold the disparate parts of the project together that move beyond formal similarities. The audio component has become one of the more significant aspects of my project. As it develops, the sound teeters on the brink of collapse, at once filling up the atmosphere with its static and hollowness. The characteristics inherent in these recording will be amplified to create the nuances of culture that might have been missing from my previous work.  

No comments:

Post a Comment